Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Thursday, October 12, 2006

Trades anyone?

This morning, during my in-studio appearance on P.A. & Dubay's K-FAN radio show, I was asked by a listener if the Vikings will make any moves before Tuesday's trading deadline.

As I stated then, trades in the NFL are rare, given the complexity of the deals. And anyone worth having usually isn't available. But I'm wondering something now: what positions do you guys think this team needs to beef up, and what players are realistic -- and I stress that word! -- possibilities?

As I told Paul Allen this morning, I think Jerry Porter doesn't fit here because Brad Childress doesn't have patience for another high-maintenance, me-first receiver. He had his fill with T.O. last year.

So indulge me. What positions concern you, and what players seem like realistic options?

6 Comments:

Blogger Carter said...

How about an offensive coordinator that calls for recievers to run sideline routes at the end of games when we are down and out of time outs.

Oh, sorry, you wanted to know which PLAYING POSITIONS concerned me most, didn't you.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch. Carterocks just dropped one on Childress.
PM, here's my response: LOL, LOL, LOL.

Duckett is overweight, and he's too high maintenance for his production. As for Staley, he's been hobbled for years now. I think his best days are way behind him.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Critic said...

With the injuries to Davonte Edwards and Erasmus James I might have said a d-back or d-lineman. But the defense is playing well with substitutions and backups stepping up so I don't think they'll make a move there. Next, I'd focus on the the receivers, which lack a go-to guy. But Childress will avoid prima donnas so I don't know who might be available that fits the mold. Believe it or not, an offensive lineman might make sense, given the inconsistencies there. But they've poured a lot of money into the left side and may not want to spend more. This leaves us with running back. It would be nice to have a goal line back - big enough to slam it home from the 2 yard line. Is Samkon Gaddo (sp?) still around?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

David Boston is also known to be a cancer in a locker room. And Jerry Porter is apparently a diva, and Childress doesn't like those type of players.
I think the Vikings feel Bethel Johnson is going to make an impact on this unit. But don't get too upset at the receivers. Brad Johnson has been off the mark a lot so far this season.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Farley said...

This team is good, as is. The WR position is in better shape than most people give credit. If they can do what is asked of them, then that is good enough. Although I wouldn't call them fundamentally sound at this point, I think they can be and will be.

Besides, who would you be willing to give up in a trade? I wouldn't give up anyone on the current roster. A future draft pick? I would rather accumulate draft picks than lose any.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Geez. Five games in, and yes is dooming this team.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home