Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tomlin talk

Attending his first NFL scouting combine as a head coach, Mike Tomlin said today that he knows Leslie Frazier socially, but the Pittsburgh Steelers’ head man had no advice for his successor as Vikings defensive coordinator.

“Leslie’s got to be Leslie, just like I have to be myself,” Tomlin said. “I’m sure that he will. I’m sure he’ll do a great job. I’ll be there for him from a support standpoint if he needs it in any way, but I’m not going to try to tell a story in regards to what awaits him. He’s going to figure that out himself, I’m sure.”

Tomlin said that was the same guidance he got from Vikings coach Brad Childress.

“I got a bunch of advice from Brad,” Tomlin said. “I asked for most of it. Not only him but most of my mentors told me to be myself and trust my instincts so that’s what I’m doing.”

Tomlin said the transition from assistant to head coach has gone smoothly, the toughest part being having to move his family for the second time in two years.

As for the biggest difference between coming to this combine as a head coach, rather than an assistant …

“I’m here a lot longer,” he said. “No, it’s pretty much the same routine for me. I’m wire to wire whereas when I initially came in I was just looking at positions. Now I’m looking at everyone. The process is the same. I’m just looking at more players.”

--Don Seeholzer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home