Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Sunday, August 27, 2006

Childress comments on Dwight Smith

Vikings coach Brad Childress naturally expressed disappointment Sunday in starting safety Dwight Smith, who, hours after playing at the Metrodome, was cited for indecent conduct in downtown Minneapolis early Saturday, police said.
"We did a ton of good things on Saturday night, and those good things, unfortunately, get marred when somebody in our organization misbehaves, if you will," Childress said. "I want everybody to know that we are committed in this Vikings organization -- myself, our staff, our football team, our organization -- to doing things the right way. That is one of the things that I've been charged with, and I'm disappointed when we are able to be judged outside of those white lines that we work so hard to prepare for. It mars what we've done on Saturday night, so many good things."
Childress said he needs to collect more information, and he added that any discipline would be between he and Smith.
"I met with Dwight yesterday, and throughout the offseason, with a number of different issues. I sit down and get across from those guys, and everyone is kind of different," Childress said. "But I sit down and make them accountable, and our team understands that. We talked about it this morning. Dwight talked to our team. He talked with me. They understand my disappointment and that we want to get things right."
Childress said he checked Smith's background before signing him before training camp.
"I looked into Dwight's before we signed him," Childress said, "and I was comfortable with what I learned from different organizations that he has been with, from Mike (Tomlin) having spent time with him, and it's a shame that is has painted him in that light."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home