Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Monday, May 14, 2007

Favre statement

Here is what Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre had to say about the Randy Moss trade and Fox Sports report that he requested a trade from the Pack:

"I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New
England. I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want
to be in Green Bay. I want to finish my career as a Packer. Sometimes when I
get frustrated I let my emotions get the better of me.

"As I said in February when I announced that I was coming back, I am excited
about the young talent on our team and the improvements we're going to see
from one year to the next. I really enjoy the young guys I'm playing with. I
'm working hard down in Mississippi right now, rehabbing, and I plan to be
in the best shape of my life.

"I look forward to playing with this team and seeing what we can do. I think
we can be pretty good."

Pretty good, huh? Not a real ringing endorsement.

2 Comments:

Blogger balzonia said...

if any other athlete (particularly and African American one) made these types of demands (and recants) they would be villified. But not so the wonderkid in green bay.

Baby Brett has:
1. a long history of drug/alcohol abuse,
2. refuses to train with his team in any "mandatory" or voluntary training sessions,
3. publicly refuses to mentor Aaron Rodgers because he's "not here to teach someone how to take my job",
4. holds his team hostage during the of season by not letting them know whether he will retire or not,
5. demands trades and then recants when he senses a slight backlash

And yet he's a hero... I don't get it.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HE'S WON A SUPPER BOWL.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home