Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Thursday, August 02, 2007

Peterson injury 'no big deal'

Running back Adrian Peterson said the hip pointer he suffered in today's morning practice "is not a big deal at all," but it could keep him out of Friday and Saturday's joint practices with the Kansas City Chiefs.

"I don't know," Peterson said. "I'm obviously going to take the advice of the medical crew. They've got a good crew so I'm going to let them make the decisions on that."

Peterson, the Vikings' No. 1 draft choice, said he suffered the injury on a screen pass when he took an elbow to his hip.

"It's really not as serious as I thought it was," he said. "It was painful at first, but I kind of shook it off. It's not too bad."

Peterson, who signed a five-year, $40.5 million contract with the Vikings on Sunday, said he would work with the training staff to get back as soon as possible.

With running back Chester Taylor nursing a bruised right forearm, Mewelde Moore and Artose Pinner could be the Vikings' top two backs against the Chiefs.

One more injury note: Cornerback Ronyell Whitaker was carted off the field with what defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said was a sprained left ankle.

3 Comments:

Blogger wichtermaster said...

I think Adrian Peterson should change his name to Robert Smith Jr. I question his durability. He has always been injury prone and will continue to be. On top of that I wonder about his fumblitis. Maybe he has the same problem Daunte had, small hands. lol. Also he doesn't seem to be able to pick up the blitz, if you need that crucial block, don't rely on Peterson.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jack Dupp said...

Lighten up, Wichtermaster, AP is going to be ROY as well as the face of the franchise for years to come. He'll be fine. As I recall, Robert Smith went on to have a pretty successful career and played a key role in the 15-1 season a few years back.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"AP is going to be ROY".

BWAAAHAAAAAHAAAHAAHAAAA!! Thanks Jack, I haven't laughed that hard in a lONG time. AP always has been and always will be injury prone. I think the odds of him spending more than half his rookie year on IR are exponentially better than him winning ROY. I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Look at the logic: Only the best in HS ball get chosen to play Div I NCAA. AP spent a lot of his time nursing wounds and being injured in college. Then, of those players, only the absolute best of the best make it to the NFL. So if he was frequently injured in college, playing witha group of which 98% never make it to the NFL, how do you think his body is going to hold up to the pounding by the best? It won't. I hope I'm wrong, but I see AP flirting with NFL records of a different sort than you: most time in a career spent on IR.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home