Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Monday, December 03, 2007

Childress press conference highlights

Vikings coach Brad Childress talked for more than 20 minutes today and addressed a range of topics.

Here are some of the highlights:

* S Mike Doss has a hamstring strain, of the slightest form.

* CB Marcus McCauley, who suffered a shoulder stinger, is going to be "just fine," Childress said.

* Childress highlighted the blocking of his receivers.
"I believe the wide receivers blocked as well as I have seen," he said. "I had an official at the end of the game tell me, ‘Coach, I don’t think I’ve ever seen wide receivers block like this since I’ve been officiating in the National Football League, which is quite a statement."

* Early in the fourth quarter, Childress challenged a play that was originally ruled an incomplete pass. On the play, LB E.J. Henderson sacked quarterback Jon Kitna and knocked the ball loose, which the Vikings recovered. But referee Larry Nemmers had blown the play dead with a whistle, and Childress could only challenge the sack and the loss of yardage.
Per league rules, since the play was ruled an incompletion, the ball was dead as soon as it hit the Metrodome turf.
"I was really trying to work on my challenge numbers," Childress jokingly said. "I like to inflate those whenever I can."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home