Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brady says he's playing

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady admits his right ankle is hurting, but he said it won't keep him from playing in Super Bowl XLII against the New York Giants.

"It's feeling good," Brady said after arriving in Phoenix. "I'll be ready to go."

Brady said he suffered the injury early in the third quarter of the Patriots' 21-12 AFC title-game win over San Diego and joked that it didn't affect his first interception.

"I wish I could blame that on the ankle," he said.

Asked if he expects to practice Wednesday, Brady said: "I don't know. It's a couple days away, but I'm feeling better."

Asked how much actual dropping and throwing he has done since the San Diego game, he admitted not much.

"I've done just a little bit," he said. "I've jogged around and I've shuffled and dropped and thrown the ball a little bit. Not enough as if I would have been practicing but enough that I know I'm going to play on Sunday."

Brady's ankle became the subject of a media circus last Monday when he was photographed walking the streets of New York in a protective boot.

On being pursued by the paparazzi, Brady said: "It was an interesting week. I'm much lighter on my toes than I thought."

He also said he was glad to be back "in the insulated halls of our locker room" and the protective custody of his offensive linemen.

"So don't any of you chase me around," he said. "I won't be nearly as nice as I was last week."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home