Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Friday, January 11, 2008

Frazier enjoyed interview with Dolphins

Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier was flattered and "honored" to interview for the Miami Dolphins head-coaching job, but he has no qualms about remaining in Minnesota.

As he discussed ways to improve his defense in 2008, Frazier said he got a "sudden" phone call from the Dolphins.

"I was pleased about that phone call," he said Friday. "But, at the same time, I was torn because I want us to be playing in that postseason next year."

Frazier then rattled off a number of the positives from this season, from his defense allowing few points to the emergence of middle linebacker E.J. Henderson.

"It really gets you pumped up about the future. And if we tighten up some things, I think we’re really close to something special," he said. "I really do believe that."

Frazier said Dolphin officials have confirmed what he thought: that he had a strong interview with owner Wayne Huizenga, president Bryan Wiedmeier and Bill Parcells, the new vice president of football operations.

Asked if he was concerned about the Dolphins interviewing him to fulfill the NFL's Rooney Rule, Frazier said, "I didn’t approach it from that point of view.

"I looked at it as a great opportunity for me. I prepared, and I felt like the interview was a legitimate interview. I felt like they were giving me a shot at the job."

Frazier, though, insisted he is happy that the Rooney Rule exists, and added, "I think it makes a difference."

Frazier said he is not sure of the timetable. But he's got plenty of work to do at Winter Park.

"Believe me, I ain’t losing any sleep about that job," Frazier said. "I’ve got a great job here, and I’m excited about the future here. It would be great if that opportunity (comes).

"I really believe if we take care of opportunities here, there will be other opportunities."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home