Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Culpepper released by Dolphins

In a long-anticipated move, the Miami Dolphins have released Daunte Culpepper, the team announced in a press release.

Culpepper is now a free-agent and surely will get picked up. The question is by whom.

Could he wind up back in purple? I'd be curious to see what fans think of this.

In another development, the NFLPA announced that they have settled a grievance they filed on Culpepper's behalf, against the Dolphins. Under the agreement, Culpepper was released by the club.

In the release, Culpepper said: "Now that I have won my freedom and I get to choose my next team, I am just like many other people who have to go out and find employment so that I can take care of my family.
"I just hope that there is still a team or two out there that has an opportunity for a hard working quarterback who is willing to come in and contribute wherever needed. I am ready to get into a training camp so that I can prepare for the 2007 season."

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, it would seem that the Vikes certainly managed to 'sell high' on Moss and 'Pep. The Skins get flack for wasting their draft picks, but Miami isn't much better.

Pep's strengths in purple were that he had a great arm, was accurate and could move around enough to delay sacks. However, he did hold onto the ball for too long, he fumbled a lot and I'm fairly certain that he couldn't (and can't) read a defence to save his life.

It would be extremely odd for him to be resigned, but it's also absurd to go into a season with the inexperience under centre that we presently have. I'm not a T-Jax fan, but even for those who are, wouldn't it make sense to have a steady vet on the bench?

I'm resigned to Childress being just as bad this year, getting fired, and then hopefully we hire Rex Ryan and the next Linehan (young, bright OC) in 2008.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Scott M said...

I'm not totally sure whether Pep could (and can't) read a defense to save his life or not. But I'm fairly positive that you can't spell defense to save yours.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Sean Jensen said...

Lay off him, Scott. Andrew spells it the Australian way!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As Sean pointed out, Scott, you may be shocked to learn that there are other countries in the world who, gasp, spell words differently.

Thanks, though, for responding to an irrelevancy.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Scott M said...

Well...ok I guess. But when I make my next blog comment in the Brisbane Lions forum I'm going to spell defense my way and I don't care what anybody says:)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home