Subscribe to the Pioneer Press Contact TwinCities.com and the Pioneer Press Local shopping TwinCities.com home and real estate TwinCities.com cars TwinCities.com jobs TwinCities.com classifieds TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com home page TwinCities.com news TwinCities.com sports TwinCities.com business TwinCities.com entertainment TwinCities.com life TwinCities.com travel




with Sean Jensen and Don Seeholzer

Stop back often because Sean and Don regularly posts updates to your comments. Leave your comments and questions by clicking on the comments link below each post.






Saturday, March 03, 2007

Smoot back to Redskins

Fred Smoot has signed a five-year contract with the Washington Redskins, and he said the total value of the deal is $25 million.
"I'm happy," Smoot said. "This means I wasn't supposed to leave."
Still, Smoot doesn't regret his time in Minnesota, especially since he landed a pretty lucrative deal from the Vikings two years ago. And although he endured a lot of issues here, Smoot was appreciative of coach Brad Childress releasing him before free agency started.
"They gave me a chance to do what I do," Smoot said of the Vikings. "I got a call from a lot of teams. The main thing for me was being happy. I didn’t want to just go searching for the money and give up a chance to be happy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home